Makes 12 muffins
3 cups flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
6 tbsp butter, softened, plus 2 tbsp butter, melted
1 cup sugar, plus more for cinnamon sugar
1 cup whole milk
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, sift and mix together 3 cups flour, 1 tbsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp nutmeg, and set aside.
2) In stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat 6 tbsp butter and 1 cup sugar. Add 2 eggs.
3) Lower the speed to medium-low, and gradually add in the flour mixture, while alternating adding 1 cup whole milk. Mix until all ingredients are just combined.
4) Pour batter into one 12-count muffin pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20 min.
5) While still warm, brush muffins with 2 tbsp melted butter. Roll in cinnamon and sugar.
Mom’s Recipe (French Breakfast Muffins)