2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup buttermilk
Cinnamon and Sugar
1) In a medium bowl, sift and mix together 2 cups flour, 1/2 tsp baking soda, and 1/2 tsp salt. Set aside.
2) In stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup sugar. Add 1 egg and. 1 tsp vanilla. Then add 3/4 cup buttermilk.
3) Lower the speed to medium-low, and gradually add in the flour mixture.
4) Place gobs of dough on a greased cookie sheet and top with cinnamon and sugar.
5) Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake cookies for 8-12 minutes, until light golden brown.
Mimi’s Cookies from Papa’s Mom—Alrenne Maybelle (Weeks) Clayton